Saturday, August 25, 2012

A totally refreshing experience.....

Iresha Upulinee
22nd, August, 2012


I think it is not much hard to do play a role in a drama, but actually I am not an actress. But I suppose I did something.

Just one question, any one saw when I was acting???

That was the first time I performed myself in a stage as an actress, but the audience was not houseful much. Actually talking they were eagerly waiting for a drama.

Can you remember your last visit to a stage drama??? The stage may be decorated with flowers; there may be nice silky curtains over the stage, covering the back of the stage; the actors may practice dialogs…..

Do I need to do above???

“Don’t be a fool Iresha, there were no lecturer waiting for me until I opened my mouth as in viva.” My mind reminds me.

I saw their eyes, full of curious.

At last we started our drama, my character was a mother, that mother was having two kids. Nishadi and wimukthi played for them. I started it by giving them a toffee packet. There was a struggle between my children to catch more of them, not much harms to others only a loud, distractible noise.

I am not going to tell whole the story, you can watch it.

Now I want to tell something about my audience, they were girls, age was less than 12 years. They talked with us very friendly manner. When I first heard we are going to visit them I was very happy because I have never visited such a place before. Our dear monitor said that all of us have to perform something to them, he gave us to do something about oral hygiene and hand washing.

We prepared to do a lot, one suggested a presentation, and another wanted to show them some posters including good and bad habits regarding oral hygiene. We were well prepared to teach them.

Following day our dear monitor has changed his mind, fortunately it was not change our topic only the age group.

Our age group was less than 12 years.

We were blank….a big trouble???

Our problem list -How we perform in an attractable way?

 How we manage our language for small kids?

  What are the easy methods we can use to do it in an understandable way?

So we decided to do a new, attractable and creative thing to them. Then we directed our mind to do a drama.

Dinushka Danthanarayana’s performed as a dentist. He taught them the proper way to brush their teeth, Dinithi also explained them the proper way to clean their hands. We also inspect while they are brushing their teeth. They were thanked us. They were happy because they enjoyed it. It was a nice experience not only for me but also for others.

Thank you sisters, Be great women one day.

Also want to give my thanks to community medicine department for gave us different experiences.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment